What is a Baby K'Tan Carrier?
The Baby K'tan® Baby Carrier (patent pending) is a 100% natural cotton, ergonomically designed & stylish soft hybrid baby carrier. Offered in hip neutral colors, the Baby K'tan is a cross between a sling and a structured front baby carrier, offering the positions and benefits of both! Unlike some front carriers or baby slings which may be complicated and restrictive in positions, the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier offers unparalleled comfort, safety, and convenience. The Baby K'tan Baby Carrier is sized according to the wearer and is available in 5 basic t-shirt sizes: XS-XL.
You can visit Baby K'Tan Video to see how to correctly wear your new carrier! http://www.babyktanvideo.com/
Rests on both shoulders
7+ wearing positions holds babies 8lb to 35lb. Double loop provides extra security for baby
No wrapping involved:
Easy to put on with no wrapping!
Less fabric than a wrap
Simple to remove
100% soft cotton carrier:
No buckles, rings or snaps
Machine washable and dryer safe
XS: 0-4; Small: 6-8; Medium: 10-12; Large: 14-16; XL 18-22
If you are 5’2" or under: CHOOSE SMALLER SIZE
The Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is made of 100% cotton knit fabric. Our carriers are meant to fit snugly to allow for stretching. Accordingly, if the carrier feels a bit snug the first time you put it on, simply try stretching it a bit to "wear it in." After about 15 minutes of use, your Baby K’tan should stretch to fit you more appropriately.
The carrier size generally corresponds to your fitted (tight) t-shirt size.
Each person is shaped differently, and like clothing, some people may fit into more than one size or fall in-between sizes on the above sizing chart. The following additional sizing tips should be used as a guide to assist you in ordering the optimal size.
- If you fall in-between sizes on the above sizing chart, CHOOSE SMALLER SIZE.
- If you are petite - 5’2" or under - CHOOSE SMALLER SIZE.
- If you are pregnant, use pre-pregnancy size to determine appropriate carrier size. Carrier size generally corresponds to pre-pregnancy fitted (tight) t-shirt size.
- Only choose larger size if you are 6 feet or taller.
- When trying on the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier (without your child inside), the lowest point of the carrier should fall just below your chest and above your navel. When wearing your child in the carrier, the lowest point of the carrier may fall at your navel or waist, but should not fall below your hips.
- When carrying your child in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier: if the lowest point of the carrier falls at or below your hips, choose a smaller size; if the lowest point of the carrier falls at your chest, choose a larger size.
- When carrying your child in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier, if the carrier feels too loose (i.e., child feels insecure, legs are bumping child’s body as you walk, or carrier easily slips off your shoulder), choose a smaller size.
- The size of the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is not based upon your child’s age or weight. The cross-stretch of the cotton knit fabric and the eight different carrying positions enables the carrier to grow with your child. Accordingly, you should not require a larger size as your child grows and develops from a baby to a toddler (up to 35 lbs).
The Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is made entirely of 100% natural cotton knit fabric. The Carrier should fit snugly and securely on you and your child. For optimal fit, wash and tumble dry - this enables the carrier to conform more snugly to your body. If you are new to baby wearing, you may think the Carrier is too small, however, a snug fit is optimal for securely carrying your child and for good back support. The cotton knit fabric enables the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier to stretch slightly to conform to you and your child.
Pink w/ brown stitching not shown