The Snappi® Diaper Fastener has revolutionized cloth diapering! This PINLESS diaper fastener offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper and has become the most important cloth diapering accessory in the world. Over 50 million have sold worldwide.
An EASY to use fastener that offers a PRACTICAL and RELIABLE way to fasten a cloth diaper, replacing the diaper pin. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
EXTRA SAFETY FEATURE!
The Snappi® fastener underwent a ‘makeover’ in 2006. The basic shape and function remains the same, the only change being that the rings at the end of each leg have been replaced with a solid piece embossed with the Snappi® logo and a crescent-shaped loop at the end of each leg, which gives the Snappi® this EXTRA SAFETY FEATURE.
When the Snappi® fastener is not in use, fold the loop over the back of the Snappi® end to fit over the teeth of the white grip - see photo above. This acts as a barrier and prevents the sharp teeth from being exposed. These loops are NOT to be pulled on when attaching the Snappi® fastener to the diapers. When attaching the Snappi®, hold onto the solid part of the tab.
The benefits of this fastener include:
- SAFER THAN PINS - no more pinpricks for baby or parent!!
- RELIABLE - a snug fitting diaper to prevent those dreaded leaks
- DURABLE - no snaps that can become brittle/rust, nor any velcro to catch all the lint in the wash!! At least if your Snappi® fastener needs to be replaced, your expensive diaper is not wasted!!
- ECONOMICAL – inexpensive and saves parents who wish to cloth diaper from having to purchase expensive diapers as they can be used on flat or prefold cloth diapers
- HYGIENIC and EASY to use – allows first time parents, grandparents and people with arthritic problems to cloth diaper with ease. It is as easy as 1 – 2 - 3
This unique product was invented by a father who experienced frustration changing his own child's diapers. A snap solution to easier cloth diapering!
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Snappi® fasteners must be used responsibly, and need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
1. STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in so doing, pulls the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand, and close to the end of the leg with the other hand. Then s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi® is now ready to go!
2. Make sure that the Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper. When attaching the Snappi®, hold onto the solid part of the tab. DO NOT pull on the loops. So,
Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right,
Stretch DOWN and Hook Center
In other words, the Snappi® fastener should go from a ‘T’ shape to a ‘Y’ shape.
By following these instructions, the Snappi® should be secure and the diaper will fit snugly. ALWAYS place a cover over the diaper and Snappi® fastener.
SIZE 2 SNAPPI®s FOR TODDLERS!
After endless requests from Snappi® users, we introduced a bigger Snappi® in 2007 - the Size 2 Snappi®, which is better suited for larger babies and young toddlers. It is longer across the top ‘T’ of the Snappi®. Once stretched correctly, the Snappi® fastener gives an additonal 4” stretch across the width than the Size 1 Snappi®. It comfortably fits up to a 30” waist.
AGE RECOMMENDATION: Although this depends largely on the size and shape of the baby or toddler, we recommend trying the Size 2 Snappi® for children aged 16 months+
Snappi®s WORK BEST with terry cloth diapers, cotton prefolds (Chinese or DSQ), and other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi® to hook into. They DO NOT work well with tightly woven diapers.
1. ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi® fastener with your baby’s diaper.
2. Keep out of children’s reach when not in use!
3. Do NOT use a Snappi® fastener on toddlers that have the ability to undo their cover and take off their diaper and/or clothes.
4. Do not use your Snappi® for longer than 6 months.
5. Do not leave your Snappi® lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi®.
CARE: Clean your Snappi® in hot soapy water. Do not launder them with diapers in the washer as this may weaken the grip attachment.
CAUTION: Any tear in the Snappi® can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard. Do not cut your Snappi® as this could create weak spots in your Snappi®. Do not pull on the side strips of the Snappi® when attaching it, as this can cause them to break. These strips serve as a safety feature only, as mentioned above. Use the flat tabs for leverage. Inspect your Snappi® before each use and discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts.
NOTE: This product is designed to be operated by persons OVER the age of 12.
Made in South Africa